Sunday, May 22, 2005

Leaving DC

We left DC behind today and headed west. . . One last comment on DC - we were approached by several homeless women while we were on our walkabout. . . and I have to say - they are cleaner, and better dressed than their counterparts in Portland. . . the ladies I talked to were clean, well dressed (think wool skirt and clean shirt) and one was selling newspapers published by the homeless population, to make money to help feed her dog, who was also clean. . . they also didn't appear to be zoned out on drugs. . . it made me wonder . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Sounds like a great trip. I loved Colonial Williamsburg, especially the Needleworker of Williamsburg. Imagine getting paid to embroider and chat all day! SIC was interesting Monday. The bacteriologist was often alarming. Miss seeing you. Will you ever return? I might even go to exercise. Well, maybe.

Kaaren Beaver

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home