Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mystery Fish

I just wanted to make an additional comment about our Virginia visit. Today we went on a boat ride on a nice lake. Our first boat stop was at the boat fuel station. Jan said lets get out and look at the carp. We got out and walked along the side of the dock (the store actually) and there were a few large carp and David and I marveled, then Jan said, to come around to the side where the carp really were. It was very wacky. There were more than a hundred carp (by my quick count) squeezed into a space between two dock segments, all with their mouths open at the surface begging. A sign said they liked popcorn, so we went into the store and bought a cup of popcorn and it was amazing. The fish were climbing on each others backs to get the popcorn. These fish were in the neighborhood of a foot long, so it was an amazing sight. A couple of ducks joined in the fun, pushing the fish around. Jan told us about a time when a poodle fell in among the fish and her daughter jumped in and saved it. If it were me, I'm afraid it would have been good bye poodle. The carp looked at us with their fishy eyes too . . . it was a creepy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arlene said...

This is a test to see if I can contact the world through comments. The hotel network won't let me check e-mail or update my blog.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home