Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bates Hotel

We have just stayed in our first scary hotel. . . David was worried our car would be gone in the morning. We went to the entrance they told us to use, and as I was getting out our card key, David noticed the hole where the lock should be. . . and went in. Our room had a connecting door to the next room which provided the perfect sound conduit for the guy next door who watched TV until 7 am ! Needless to say, we are anxious to get out of here. . .
Regarding the previously mentioned legless chair - it is still in service with David' s roommate Brandon, who is attending summer school at Purdue (Boiler Up!). The chair is a regular upholstered chair. . . On to Laramie!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stop thinking about the legless chair. It's quite an image maker. I feel a story coming on. Or perhaps a series.
Did you ask for another room or stay in the one with no lock. Did the doorknob of the adjoining TV room turn mysteriously in the night? Did you see the Bates boy?
Wasn't his name Norman? Wasn't he legless? Or was that his mother, Miriam Skullface?
I was in Laramie last in about 1961. Imagine that. Surely there will be a Starbucks or several by now. It's supposed to be 90 here today and after the gym I got an iced latte.
Bye,
Suby (If I bought and SUV you could call me Suvy)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home